Thursday 10 May 2018

Surgical planes

 

 Planes in surgery may sound a bit odd but it is a term also used in the art world so I was not unfamiliar with it myself. In vascular surgery you are concerned with particular areas and the focus is on the access to arteries. I am fairly used to this view of the body now so it was when I watched a 'reflection' that I had a leap in understanding how the body is structured. It was still with a vascular focus though so when I watched a stomach cancer being removed the penny finally dropped.
  Secret compartments, sliding panels, hidden doors, inner rooms, magic cabinets, this is what it means! Like a puzzle box the body can hide and reveal itself in the same spaces like a magic trick. If you had those puzzle cubes as a child that turn and fold to reveal different pictures this is how the body can be.
 To see a glimpse of this marvel is profound, more so because it was only a slight shift in perception that gave it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...